Going Grey with Colour Freedom Metallic Glory

metallic glory silver blonde

I never go into town with intentions of buying hair dye. It just sorta happens. One minute I’m in Superdrug, cruising down the haircare aisle looking at the million and one dry shampoos on the market. When the next thing you know I’m being seduced by all the hair box dyes and am suddenly recalling every pinterest hair picture I have ever saved to my haircare board and actually now I think about it my hair is pretty cack and these box dyes are the answer!

Fast forward one hour and here I am.
 Five minutes into my box hair dyes processing time and I’m already asking myself

‘What have you done!?’

I have never really succeed in achieving what I want from a box dye, yet I return to them time and time again, like some kind of box dye addict.
This time I’m trying a silver hair dye, I have tried this before and failed miserably (you can read about that here) so im not holding my breath, well actually I am as this stuff smells slightly, but you get my drift.
 I shall report back once I have washed my hair.

Ok so results! Dye washed out of my hair wonderfully, and the conditioner that came in the pack has given me some seriously soft hair.*

*Just a quick side note, I’m not the only one in thinking 9/10 the conditioners that come with the box dyes are the best bit? If the dye performed as well as the conditioner then it would all be happy days!

silver blonde colour freedom

colour freedom silver blonde

Well…. My hair certainly looks slightly more ashy but as usually the natural lighting wouldnt behave so I couldnt get a great picture
 Gonna have to trust me on this one guys!
 I wouldnt go as far as saying ‘Silver blonde‘ as the box stated but it’s definitly helped to neutralise some yellow that was in my hair, which I’m happy about.
My opinion is, that if your using this brand and your hair isn’t white or platinum to begin with, then dont expect massive results, n matter what the box claims. Its real nice as a toner but thats it but at £5.32 (it’s currently on offer down from £7.99) I’m not massively upset.

So that should curb my impulsive hair dying nature for another month.
Until next month…

!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p, cb; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e = doc.createElement(s); e.id = id; cb = new Date().getTime().toString(); p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js?cb=1493324738344?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

1. April 28, 2017 / 11:16 am

The colour looks great! I'm not that spontaneous with my hair; that usually involves a long deliberation about why I really need to. Ah!

Funmi x

• May 5, 2017 / 6:01 am

I should be more like that! x

2. April 28, 2017 / 4:58 pm

This is amazing! I have violet hair right now but I wanted to try grey too, but I have to bleach my hair many times to achieve the right shade of grey I want.

❤️ Alyssa // STYLE VANITY // Instagram

• May 5, 2017 / 6:03 am

Oh wow! I would love to go violet! x

3. April 28, 2017 / 5:59 pm

I haven't died my hair in ages, but I do remember lovi thr conditioners they came with, they ALWAYS left my hair uber soft and silky! You can definitely see the ashy/grey tint in the after photos, is it much darker in person?! It looks good on you! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great weekend ahead!

4. April 28, 2017 / 8:15 pm

I've never dyed my hair from a box, I don't trust myself haha, I'd make a right mess! Your hair looks like such a pretty colour!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

5. April 29, 2017 / 4:32 am

I only dyed my hair like 3 times in my life, I am super boring! LOL! I can see the difference albeit a small one but yes, the conditioner that comes in box dye is the best!

6. April 29, 2017 / 2:21 pm

This looks like it works well even on the small bits on your hair. I have platinum white hair but finding a grey toner that takes to mine is very difficult and believe me I've tried loads! I'm going to have to try and find this in stores! Fab review hun, maybe use a bit with conditioner in your normal wash as it neutralises the brassy tones. Lisa – http://www.lisacowan.co.uk

7. April 30, 2017 / 10:04 am

You can definitely see the change it's made, looks great 🙂 I don't ever feel brave enough to dye my hair myself! My hair's dark brown and I used to get it coloured an even darker brown so it was nearly black and I loved it. I do miss having it that colour x

• May 4, 2017 / 4:36 pm

I bet that looked lovely on you! x

8. April 30, 2017 / 2:06 pm

I can see a difference! It looks lovely. I so want to dye mine but I think I'll leave it to the professionals as I don't trust myself haha x

Sick Chick Chic

• May 4, 2017 / 4:34 pm

haha, I should also do that! x

9. April 30, 2017 / 4:45 pm

If I can be honest, I can see slightly change, but I kinda expected something more, haha. I don't have blond hair, so I have no idea how easy / difficult is coloring hair, but if you're happy, I'm glad for you. 🙂

Michelle Morchella

10. April 30, 2017 / 10:50 pm

I totally see where you're coming from; the price is super reasonable and so it's worth trying, though your hair colour is quite similar in both images – beautiful though, by the way! 🙂

• May 4, 2017 / 4:27 pm

Thankyou! Haha, great arent they! x

11. May 1, 2017 / 9:04 am

I am so scared of messing up my hair, I would never ever even think about going near a box dye. Even a single hair cut takes weeks of pondering. Not that my hair is that good, in fact I have a lot of things I would want to change, but I am so afraid of it being worse than before.
    Strange thing, I am very experimental when it comes to my makeup, but hair? Not at all.

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

• May 4, 2017 / 4:21 pm

haha! No, not at all lol x

12. May 1, 2017 / 4:29 pm

Ahh yes I do think with box dyes it always depends on the colour of your hair and if it has bleach etc in it depending on how the colour turns out, I use Live colour xxl radiant red and it turns out so nice but fades sooo quick x

S x

• May 4, 2017 / 4:12 pm

I bet that looks fab on you! x

13. May 2, 2017 / 5:44 pm

Great for getting just a touch of ash- which is my goal these days! Give me all that cool color blonde!

Le Stylo Rouge

14. May 3, 2017 / 5:44 am

Although it hasn't dyed your hair silver, it's worked incredibly well as a blonde toner. YES I am with you on box dye conditioners- they work such wonders 🙂

Rachel xx

• May 4, 2017 / 4:03 pm

Glad im not the only one that thinks that! x

15. May 9, 2017 / 10:23 pm

I am never spontaneous with my hair – it has been black and straight for like 20 years.
    I am naturally brown. So Kudos to you.
    I actually feel like this gave your hair dimension. I really like it!
    Set to Glow